A leader of leaders, or “10-talent leader”, coalesces and leads an effective team. In a new church, he is the founding and lead pastor. In an established church, he is the lead pastor.
- Leaders, not just followers, follow him.
- He discerns those with leadership potential and helps them achieve maximum impact.
- He builds enduring greatness through a paradoxical blend of extreme personal humility and intense professional will.
- He is a visionary, inspiring followers with what the church can be and do.
- He keeps followers focused on priorities that will accomplish the mission.
- He accurately assesses situations and recognizes when pieces are missing.
- He has two primary roles: to preach the gospel and find leaders.
(An 8-talent leader is not the leader of leaders but is talented, emotionally and spiritually mature, and a valuable, almost-indispensable member of the staff.)